Batman Logo

Friday, August 14, 2015

A Message from Rick Stephenson

  County Commissioner Rick Stephenson sent me an e-mail requesting I post this message. So here you go Rick and by the way I think it's a great idea...any openness and communication is so important and has been lacking here locally for a long time....Here's hoping some of the other office holders and offices (City and town councilpersons, mayors, assessor. etc.) will follow your lead and open up a line of communication with the taxpayers and voter's who elected them.....





From County Commissioner Rick Stephenson:

Seeking input:

I am considering having a forum once a month for any citizens of the county to come and voice any concerns about the county.  This will not be an official action of the Commissioners office, but a chance to talk directly to me about any concerns that you may have.  No action will be taken at these meetings. 

I will make notes of the issues to research and advice how to proceed to rectify situations. I would also remind all that I will be honest with my answers and not all issues can be corrected by the County. 

I will probably allocate an hour for this to take place. If it runs over I will stay longer.  This will be your face time in an informal setting to voice all concerns of the county.  This is also a time to let me know what is going right in the county as well as what might be happening that you disagree with. All discussions will be civil and calm. (Not looking to get mugged here) 

As I have stated, I am seeking input as to is this something that the citizens of the county would support.  It could get pretty lonely up there if I am all by myself. 

If any of you belong to any organizations that would like me to visit for any question and answer period just call me to set a date.  My personal cell is 502-468-9325

8 comments:

  1. I would like to once again compliment Clark County Commissioners Rick Stephenson
    and Jack Coffman for their most excellent effort in forging and seeing through the great deal to save the Clark County Memorial Hospital.
    The 1400jobs were saved, the employees' retirement pensions were saved,
    the hospital stayed open even in the daunting face of the drastic ObamaCare
    disaster, and the Clark County taxpayers were taken off the hook for over $70,000,000 in looming bond debt liabilities.
    One of the best efforts by any elected officials even. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The county council was also part of that decision. I congratulate both the commissioners and the council as well as the Hospital board for getting it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best efforts by any elected officials ever. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it was a good work and decision making on the team that brought about the deal on Clark Memorial Hosp. A deal where the whole county has benefited and the employees taken care of.

    Rick's transparency and making himself available to the public with his open thread on the CCC and now his proposed forum should be commended as well....some of our other politicians should follow Mr. Stephenson's lead and follow suit...

    Rick has shown it can be done, answering tough questions and even taking some heat, he has done it with class and as far as I know hasn't dodged any question ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea Rick, citizens don't get the attention they deserve at regularly scheduled meeting and are on a time restriction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will there be snacks served?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If Hutt is going to be there count me out of the forum. He blows out enough hot air and lies over here on the chatter, but if there are politicians present Hutt will be there to kiss their asses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If a politician is within a mile of Hutt he can smell em out like a bloodhound. Beware though politicians unless you have a job for Hutt he's liable to bite...

    ReplyDelete