Batman Logo

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Conversations With the Commissioner....

A message from Clark Co. Commissioner Rick Stephenson :










I want to thank everyone for their comments regarding me setting aside a night that anyone can meet with me and ask any questions they might have about the county. The results were overwhelmingly in favor of the idea.  I have decided to have the meetings on the 2nd Monday of every month at 6pm. I will have the first meeting on November 9th. The meetings will be held in the Commissioner's office on the 4th floor of the County Building. I have decided to call these meetings "Conversations with the Commissioner", I know, kind of hokey but I have to call it something. 

I will listen to your issues and try to make them right. Understand that some of the issues might need some research, so you might not get an answer that evening. Also note that this will just be me, I will be working without a net. I will not have the county attorney present to answer any legal questions. I can only address issues that pertain to the County Government. If you have any questions about other offices of county government all I can do is forward that question to the appropriate office holder.


These meetings will be very informal and as the name implies, we will just be talking about issues that one might have with me or county government. I do not want to put to many rules in place that might hamper the open communication. We are going to play this by ear and see how it goes.

As always, anyone can contact me with issues by phone or e-mail. Phone number is 502-468-9325. E-mail isRickyWStephenson@yahoo.com. Also if you really need to speak to me in person and can not make the meetings on the second monday of the month drop me an e-mail or give me a call. I will meet you some place and some time more convienent for you.

Any group that would like for me to come and speak please contact me and let's set up a date.  

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Rick for sharing this with the BatBlog...A great opportunity for the taxpayers and voters to get answers and air their concerns. Good Luck with this and thanks for creating this public forum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You copied this post from the Chatter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Q, I sent it to HT to post here also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I applaud Commissioner Stephens' effort to be available to his constituents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops fast fingers. My apologies Commissioner Stephenson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't believe everything you read Rick... I didn't accuse HT of anything... remember that on this blog, anyone can claim to be anyone... there is no way to tell...

    ReplyDelete