Batman Logo

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

HT's Thoughts on This and That...

1. Hillary should pick Bernie Sanders as her V.P., I think if the primary elections would start over today Bernie would win the nomination and become president.

2. Jobs and growth are good but they are days (maybe it's my age) when I wish Jeff was just a sleepy little town again like Mayberry.

3. Such a sad tragedy at the Cincinnati Zoo, an awesome creature (silverback gorilla) sacrificed because of a parent's negligence.

4. Trump starting to wear thin, his hammering Cruz and Rubio were cool , attacking the Clinton's especially their personal life not so cool...

5. Everybody should see the Indy 500 at least once....a great spectacle...

6. Does anybody buy the premise of  "60 days In"...I don't... and thought it was boring as hell and only watched 2 or 3 episodes...

7. Anybody remember Mazoni's rolled oysters ?? I would love to find a close alternative...they were great.

8. I give Noel credit for cleaning up the jail to some extent, but the picture from the Barnstable/Brown Derby party reminds me of Barney and Gomer going big time...

8 comments:

  1. I agree with you except on No. 1. Especially liked No. 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he (Harambe) was gonna harm 'at boy.....he'da done it rite off'a bat....within 30 seconds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep Dude, Air Devils Inn was right next door to the last Mazoni's, there was also a Mazoni's downtown years ago...supposedly one of the Mazoni invented the rolled oyster...

    Not sure if Air Devils is still open either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like #2. Sometimes I think we are just overdoing it --- bigger is not always better. I liked Jeff without all the growth!

    Also, sad about the gorilla -- but unfortunately kids will be kids and they don't always hold a parents hands. At that age they can be pretty slippery and hard to corral. Perhaps the zoo should have had a better barrier to prevent a child (or anyone) from gaining access! This would never have happened at the Louisville zoo -- no way a child could get access!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never had a Mazoni's rolled oyster but I get the one that Kingfish sells. Not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to try them... Mazonis were about the size of a baseball....rolled in cornmeal and full of oysters...awesome !!!๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a couple of street booths that had good ones.
      One at Steamboat Days. (fire dept. I believe, not sure)
      Another at Harvest Homecoming. Both long ago and still
      not Mazonis, but then again they did invent it.

      Delete