Batman Logo

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Breaking..... BatBlog Exclusive - Rick Stephenson Won't Run for Mayor of Jeffersonville

UPDATE ******* Rick Stephenson Jeffersonville Mayoral Candidacy*****************

In case anyone missed it Clark Co. Commissioner Rick Stephenson has left the following message on the recent post about his candidacy for the 2015 Jeffersonville Mayoral Race. The BatBlog thanks Rick for responding .....
*********************************************************************************************************************

I know people want me to put this rumor to rest. Let me say I am flattered by all the people asking me to run for mayor.
I gave my word to the citizens of Clark County that I would hold this job for 4 years. I will continue my work as county commissioner representing the first district which includes Jeffersonville.

Great strides have been made in the last 18 months to improve Clark County Government. There is still a lot of things that need to be changed and I can not that if I am not commissioner.

Once again thanks for the confidence in me. I promise I will continue to work for all people in Clark County, As always if you need my help call me (502) 468-9325

Thanks your public servant
Rick

9 comments:

  1. Jeffersonville's loss, Rick seems to be fine man and public servant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a long time before the election, politicians have a tendency of changing their minds. Especially if enough people twist his arm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Anon2, you are use to old school politicians. I am not interested in taking a lower position than I have. County Commissioner is the highest elected position in the county. As I have said before, I was elected for 4 years. I will serve out my term.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Rick, we taxpayers will hold you to your word. don't let outside influence effect your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your service Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen a lot of politicians over the years become less and less humble and open after a few years in office. I hope Rick isn't one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things and circumstances change but from every indication I've seen you can take Rick for his word about running for mayor.

    I've seen many politicians here locally that have used the local internet forums and blogs in their election campaigns only to abandon the communication after being elected...

    Rick so far has shown a rare openness and transparency and kept an open line of communication with the publication of his phone no. and his communication over the internet. to my knowledge he has avoided no questions...

    The BatBlog has been tough on local politicians and will continue to do so if merited. The BatBlog thanks Rick for the information he has provided and the good start to his term in office, but also warns we will be watching...

    ReplyDelete
  8. HT, you do not have to warn me that you will be watching. It is every citizens duty to watch what all their elected officials are doing. If we do some thing that not right we all need to be held accountable. An informed electorate makes a representative government work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The current mayor is doing a great job, no reason to change.

    ReplyDelete