Batman Logo

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

More Rumors ...How About it Rick ???


In case anyone missed it Anonymous heard and posted a rumor that current Clark County Commissioner (R) Rick Stephenson was considering running for mayor of Jeffersonville. How about it Rick ?? We are aware you check in on the BatBlog from time to time... How about giving us a scoop and announce your intentions on the "award winning" BatBlog ...

 If this is true this would be great news, the BatBlog has heard nothing but good to great about Rick's performance so far as Co. Commissioner  and we concur. Rick has been a no nonsense,  find a solution to problems, hands on public servant. So far his office has an openness and transparency that is very rare in Clark Co. politics. He has an open question and answer thread on the Clark County Chatter where he is prompt and courteous in answering any question or comment.

Rick Stephenson would be a very formidable opponent and a great asset to the  mayoral race....

How about Rick ???  Care to make a statement, or confirm or deny the rumor ...Inquiring minds would like to know ....

5 comments:

  1. I like what Rick has done publicly but he stabbed the current mayor in the back. Mike couldn't stop short in 2011 and early 2012 for fear Rick would go right up his butt. As soon Mike gave him a job he turned on Mike and launched a political career. Disloyalty and ambition. Worrisome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why? Because he crossed party lines and hired someone he thought was best for the job, who just happened to someone Moore didn't like?

      We need more people like this.

      Delete
  2. No response. Jumped the gun? Appears that he was not ready to come out of the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see Rick launching his own political career as being disloyal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know people want me to put this rumor to rest. Let me say i am flattered by all the people asking me to run for mayor.

    I gave my word to the citizens of Clark County that I would hold this job for 4 years. I will continue my work as county commissioner representing the first district, which includes Jeffersonville.

    Great strides have been made in the last 18 months to improve Clark County Government. There is still a lot of things that need to be changed and I can not do that if I am not commissioner.

    Once again thanks for the confidence in me. I promise I will continue to work for all people in Clark County. As always if you need my help call me 502-468-9325

    Thanks you public servent,
    Rick

    ReplyDelete