Batman Logo

Friday, May 9, 2014

Win Some, Lose Some....

  In politics your candidates win some and lose some... Tuesday IMO (and lots of others too) we sent to the curb two of the worst around Perkins and Jacobi, unfortunately  in the process we lost a good one  Dan Moore.

  I met Dan many years ago when he was a young upstart attorney, and even though he was busy building his law practice he found time to volunteer to coach a little league baseball team that my son and Dan's daughter was on. He impressed me with his kindness and gentleness and caring toward the 6 year old kids that made up the team. His encouragement to the team and the dedication of his time left a lasting impression on me.

   There were a couple of times, later on in life I briefly dealt with Dan professionally when he was a judge. Once as prospective juror and once as a defendant in a real estate suit. Both times he was generous, patient and fair. I have been told by a couple of local attorneys that Dan was tough and you needed to be prepared when litigating in his courtroom, but he was always fair and would listen to your argument.

 I hope the electorate hasn't made a mistake by replacing Mr. Moore. Whether the new judge in Dan Moore's court next year is Drew Adams (who defeated Dan) or a Republican candidate (as yet unnamed) they have big shoes to fill. I can't imagine them being more dedicated,  prepared or fair as Judge Moore who has the same good qualities in life as he has in the courtroom....

8 comments:

  1. Nice post H.T.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think Dan Moore was the problem. Then I heard about some of Carmichael's tyranny.

    I sure hope Harbison is willing to take on Carmichael if necessary. Otherwise Lord help us all with Carmichael running the supposed unified courts without any speed bumps in her way. Hold onto your wallets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't figure this one out. Usually low turnout helps the incumbent.I thought Moore was a cinch...Anybody have any ideas went wrong for Dan ???

    The only thing I can figure is Adams has a strong circle of friends and they got out in force and stole the election....

    ReplyDelete
  4. HT... Drew Adams is a good person and a good lawyer. He will do fine.

    I think he worked hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doubt G., Adams worked hard and deserved his win, my impression and I may be wrong is that Moore probably disliked the campaigning part of being a judge more than anything...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well how nice. I've been taking insults from someone's dad who was on my little league team. Kinda puts in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good example of what we can expect with no one holding Carmichael back:
    http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/indiana/clark/2014/05/12/clark-county-pay-lawyer/9022627/

    ReplyDelete